ART ACQUISITION FUND & COLLECTIONS MANAGEMENT FUND
Museums Alaska wants grant applicants to be successful, and provides many resources to help:
Example Successful Applications
- Examples of successful applications for each program are provided on the program pages for the Art Acquisition Fund and the Collections Management Fund.
- NOTE: These are provided to give you several examples of the types of applications that have been accepted in the past, and should not be used as a template off which to base your own application.
Draft Review Period (highly recommended)
- An optional draft review period is open for 2 weeks only at the beginning of each grant application cycle. Your draft application will be reviewed by our grant administrator and an experienced panelist. You will receive detailed feedback on your draft application, and will be given at least two weeks to make revisions and submit before the final deadline. The draft reviewers will not serve on the panel that ultimately reviews your submitted application. Submit your application for draft review on the grant application website.
- These slides are a resource developed for the 2019 Museums Alaska conference, and are provided for free. Other conference resources are made available as a benefit to current Museums Alaska members by logging in (click the icon in the top right corner of this screen).
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us
If you are working on an application for a grant that is NOT administered by Museums Alaska (see above for information regarding grants administered by Museums Alaska), we offer grant draft review as a benefit to Organizational Members. Contact us to coordinate your draft review. Please keep in mind the following:
- Grant draft review is offered as a benefit to Organizational Members. Make sure your organization's membership is current before contacting us.
- In order to ensure draft reviewers have enough time to provide feedback, it is recommended you contact us as soon as you begin your application to schedule your review.
- Grant reviewers typically return your draft with comments and suggestions within two weeks. If you require feedback in a shorter time frame, we may be unable to help you.